Saint Francis Episcopal Church · 132 Peckham Lane, RR #2 · Coventry, Rhode Island 02816 · 401-397-7757
We are a people who honor, cherish, and celebrate God's creation, and seek to be good stewards of the earth. We are a group that is committed to deepening our spiritual lives and a people who believe that God calls us to a place of deeper compassion, creativity, and love. Our life together is centered around the Holy Eucharist, with communion services held every Sunday. As a response to our faith in Jesus Christ, we strive to make our parish a place of hope to the despairing, of growth to the spiritually hungry, of healing to those in pain, of comfort to those in need, and a place of empowerment so that we may serve Christ in the world...About Us
We offer many ways to serve through committees such as: Worship and Education Committee, Buildings and Grounds, Finance, Pastoral Care, and during our church service as ushers, Lectors and Intercessors.
Confirmation and Reception: Diocesan Confirmations will now be held at each parish and mission church. If you think you may be interested in Confirmation or Reception, or if you have questions about the process, please speak with Fr. Sean.
- Maasai Joy Children's Center is collecting sneakers at this time. A bin can be found in the Fellowship Hall for those interested in this worthy cause.
- There is a bin in the parish for donations of new socks, underwear, and clothing for kids ages 2-5 for those in need in the Coventry area. We are also accepting monetary donations.
- Episcopal Charities: support the fine work that the Charities provides throughout the state, supporting non-profit agencies that benefit those in need--feeding the hungry, giving comfort to the aged and ill, and providing opportunities for young people.
Sunday Services are held at
9:00AM and 11:00AM
Sunday School: Godly Play curriculum at 8:45 AM each Sunday
Adult Education: 10:10 AM each Sunday
Journey to Adulthood: 10:10AM each Sunday
Coventry Food Pantry's foods for the month include cookies, crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks, coffee, tea, and juice. Please help fill the basket in the Parish Hall.
Homecoming Sunday: Join us for our kick-off Sunday as we resume the regular fall schedule of services and Sunday school for all ages.
- Fr. Sean will bless the backpacks of our school-aged kids and the J2A (Journey to Adulthood) class will have a bake sale. Proceeds will go towards the purchase of school supplies for children in the community.
- Sunday school registration will be held and the Senior Spirituality group will commence after the summer hiatus.
Eucharistic Visitor. If you are interested in being a Eucharistic visitor, please see Fr. Sean.
Senior Spirituality Group will resume in the fall. Sessions are held after the Sunday service at 9AM. Spend a few minutes at coffee hour and then join us in the office at 10:10AM.
Help wanted—Acolytes—If you are 10 or older and would like to serve on the altar on Sunday mornings, please speak with Mike Reeves or Fr. Sean.