Saint Francis Episcopal Church · 132 Peckham Lane, RR #2 · Coventry, Rhode Island 02816 · 401-397-7757
We are a people who honor, cherish, and celebrate God's creation, and seek to be good stewards of the earth. We are a group that is committed to deepening our spiritual lives and a people who believe that God calls us to a place of deeper compassion, creativity, and love. Our life together is centered around the Holy Eucharist, with communion services held every Sunday. As a response to our faith in Jesus Christ, we strive to make our parish a place of hope to the despairing, of growth to the spiritually hungry, of healing to those in pain, of comfort to those in need, and a place of empowerment so that we may serve Christ in the world...About Us
We offer many ways to serve through committees such as: Worship and Education Committee, Buildings and Grounds, Finance, Pastoral Care, and during our church service as ushers, Lectors and Intercessors.
Mission statement: We commit ourselves to love and to serve the Lord by welcoming the stranger, reaching out to the community, and sharing the hope of Christ.
Confirmation and Reception
- Diocesan Confirmations are held at each individual parish or mission church. If you think you are interested in Confirmation or Reception, or if you have questions about the processes, please speak with Fr. Sean.
- Crossroads: This winter season we will be reaching out to the homeless of Rhode Island. Both monetary and in-kind donations are welcome. Personal care, baby , and non-perishable food items are needed.
- Episcopal Charities: Support the fine work that the Charities provides throughout the state, supporting non-profit agencies that benefit those in need--feeding the hungry, giving comfort to the aged and ill, and providing opportunities for young people.
Sunday Services are held at
9:00AM and 11:00AM
Lenten Bible Study: Join us on Thursdays at 6:00 PM, February 26 - March 26, for a short prayer service followed by a light supper of soup and bread and a Bible study.
Holy Week Services:
- Maundy Thursday, April 2, at 7:00 PM
- Good Friday, April 3, at 7:00 PM
- Easter Sunday, April 5, at 9:00 and 11:00 AM
Sunday School: Godly Play curriculum at 8:45 AM each Sunday
Adult Education: 10:10 AM each Sunday
Journey to Adulthood: 10:10AM each Sunday
Please help fill the basket in the Parish Hall.
- Coventry Food Pantry's foods of the month include peanut butter, jam, and jelly. Please help us fill the basket in the Parish Hall.
Learn how to paint! Join us on Friday, February 27, at 6:30 PM, for a fun painting lesson. No painting experience is necessary, and all of the supplies will provided. Cost is $40. Call Sue Fernandes to reserve a spot, 823-0763.
The Annual Corned Beef and Cabbage Supper will be held on Saturday, March 14, at 6 PM! The cost of tickets are as follows: $14 for adults; $7 for children ages 6-12; Free for children under the age of 5. See or call Cindy Mason for reservations, 397-4337.
St. Mark's Gospel: A theatrical performance by Tom Bair and presented by St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Pawtucket to benefit ST. MARY’S HOME FOR CHILDREN.
Saturday, March 14, 2015, 7:00pm, St. Luke’s Church, 670 Weeden Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
Tickets are $24.20 and may be purchased through www.eventbrite.com
Learn and Lead: Engaging Spiritual Growth. This study session is designed to equip lay and clergy leaders with creative and effective avenues to spiritual growth. Learn and Lead will take place at St. Luke's, East Greenwich, on Saturday March 7, from 9 AM - 3 PM. Please talk to Carol Drought or Fr. Sean if you are interested in this opportunity.
Eucharistic Visitor. If you are interested in becoming a Eucharistic visitor, please see Fr. Sean.
Help Wanted, part-time: Godly Play Teacher needed who will job share with 2 other teachers on a rotating basis. Job requirements include: kindness, good listening skills, patience, joy, and enthusiasm. Lesson plans and materials are provided. No experience is required. Please see Deb Fernandes for more information.
Senior Spirituality Group: Amazing Grace is only one of the hymns that the Senior Spirituality Group will be studying this Fall. Join us between the services. Grab some coffee and a snack and listen for the bell to ring at about 10:10.
Help wanted—Acolytes—If you are 10 or older and would like to serve on the altar on Sunday mornings, please speak with Fr. Sean.