Saint Francis Episcopal Church · 132 Peckham Lane, RR #2 · Coventry, Rhode Island 02816 · 401-397-7757
We are a people who honor, cherish, and celebrate God's creation, and seek to be good stewards of the earth. We are a group that is committed to deepening our spiritual lives and a people who believe that God calls us to a place of deeper compassion, creativity, and love. Our life together is centered around the Holy Eucharist, with communion services held every Sunday. As a response to our faith in Jesus Christ, we strive to make our parish a place of hope to the despairing, of growth to the spiritually hungry, of healing to those in pain, of comfort to those in need, and a place of empowerment so that we may serve Christ in the world...About Us
We offer many ways to serve through committees such as: Worship and Education Committee, Buildings and Grounds, Finance, Pastoral Care, and during our church service as ushers, Lectors and Intercessors.
Mission statement: We commit ourselves to love and to serve the Lord by welcoming the stranger, reaching out to the community, and sharing the hope of Christ.
Confirmation and Reception
- Diocesan Confirmations are held at each individual parish or mission church. If you think you are interested in Confirmation or Reception, or if you have questions about the processes, please speak with Fr. Sean.
- Episcopal Charities: Support the fine work that the Charities provides throughout the state, supporting non-profit agencies that benefit those in need--feeding the hungry, giving comfort to the aged and ill, and providing opportunities for young people. Please pick up your pledge card in the Parish Hall; if you have any specific questions about Episcopal Charities, please see Debbie Fisher.
Sunday Services, weekly, at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM
Ash Wednesday: Holy Eucharist and Imposition of Ashes will be celebrated on Wednesday, February 10 at 7:00 PM
Pre-service hymnals and sing-along--join our organist, Gail, at 8:30 every Sunday morning to sing old and new hymns.
Sunday School: Godly Play curriculum at 8:45 AM each Sunday
Adult Education: 10:10 AM each Sunday
Journey to Adulthood: 10:10 AM each Sunday
Please help fill the basket in the Parish Hall.
- Lenten Outreach--The residents at Eleanor Slater Hospital in Providence have very little to call their own. We will be donating fleece throws embroidered with their first name and last initial. The cost for each throw is $10.00. Donations of any amount are welcome.
- Coventry Food Pantry's foods of the month include Mac 'n Cheese, Spaghetti-o's, pasta and sauce, Beef-a-roni, and the like.. Help us fill the basket in the parish hall!
- Snackpacks--A separate basket in the parish hall is for donations of healthy snacks to tide students over from Friday lunch to Monday breakfast when there isn't enough food to eat at home.
Corn Beef Supper--Mark you calendars for Saturday, March 19. More information to follow.
Eucharistic Visitor. If you are interested in becoming a Eucharistic visitor, please see Fr. Sean.
Help Wanted, part-time: Godly Play Teacher needed who will job share with 2 other teachers on a rotating basis. Job requirements include: kindness, good listening skills, patience, joy, and enthusiasm. Lesson plans and materials are provided. No experience is required. Please see Deb Fernandes for more information.
Senior Spirituality Group: Amazing Grace is only one of the hymns that the Senior Spirituality Group will be studying this Fall. Join us between the services. Grab some coffee and a snack and listen for the bell to ring at about 10:10.
Inquiring Minds Want to Know...Whether you are new to the Episcopal Church or you just want a refresher course on church history, beliefs, and customs, we would like to offer "Episcopal 101". Please contact Fr. Sean or Carol Drought for more information.
Help wanted—Acolytes—If you are 10 or older and would like to serve on the altar on Sunday mornings, please speak with Fr. Sean.