Saint Francis Episcopal Church · 132 Peckham Lane, RR #2 · Coventry, Rhode Island 02816 · 401-397-7757
We are a people who honor, cherish, and celebrate God's creation, and seek to be good stewards of the earth. We are a group that is committed to deepening our spiritual lives and a people who believe that God calls us to a place of deeper compassion, creativity, and love. Our life together is centered around the Holy Eucharist, with communion services held every Sunday. As a response to our faith in Jesus Christ, we strive to make our parish a place of hope to the despairing, of growth to the spiritually hungry, of healing to those in pain, of comfort to those in need, and a place of empowerment so that we may serve Christ in the world...About Us
We offer many ways to serve through committees such as: Worship and Education Committee, Buildings and Grounds, Finance, Pastoral Care, and during our church service as ushers, Lectors and Intercessors.
Mission statement: We commit ourselves to love and to serve the Lord by welcoming the stranger, reaching out to the community, and sharing the hope of Christ.
Confirmation and Reception
Diocesan Confirmations are held at each individual parish or mission church. If you think you are interested in Confirmation or Reception, or if you have questions about the processes, please speak with Fr. Sean.
Episcopal Charities: Support the fine work that the Charities provides throughout the state, supporting non-profit agencies that benefit those in need--feeding the hungry, giving comfort to the aged and ill, and providing opportunities for young people. Please pick up your pledge card in the Parish Hall; if you have any specific questions about Episcopal Charities, please see Debbie Fisher.
--Sunday services: 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
- Sunday, December 18: There will be one service at 9:45 AM hosted by our own Godly Play Sunday School children. Join us for this joyful, seasonal worship service!
- Christmas Eve: Join us on Saturday, December 24, at 5:00 PM to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Please note: there will be no services on Sunday, December 25.
- Sunday, December 31: There will be one service at 9:45 AM; we will sing carols and read lessons at this service.
- Advent Bible Study--See Announcement below
Education (Fall, Winter, & Spring Schedule)
Sunday School: Godly Play curriculum at 8:45 am each Sunday
Journey to Adulthood: 10:10 am each Sunday
Please help fill the basket in the Parish Hall.
- Coventry Food Pantry's foods of the month include mac 'n cheese. Help us fill the basket in the parish hall!
- Advent Outreach--In order to provide comfort to our homeless children, we will be filling tote bags for Project Night Night. Each tote will contain a book, blanket, and a stuffed animal. Please help us fill these totes. You can donate either one of the tote items or money towards filling the totes.
- Blessing Bags--We are also collecting gloves, socks, water, snacks, etc., to fill bags that can be handed to people in need whenever the need arises.
Save the Date: the Holiday Bazaar will be held on Saturday, December 3, 2016, from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Quality foods and Crafts will be sold that are sure to enrich your holiday season! All are welcome.
Speaking of Crafts 'N Things: Join us Thursday, December 1 at 7 PM in the Parish Hall as we prepare for the Holiday Bazaar. This meeting will focus on assembling the cookie trays.
Advent Bible Study: It has become our tradition to prepare for this season of Jesus' birth by reading and discussing Bible lessons in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Join us on December 8, 15, and 22 at 6:00 PM for Evening Prayer followed by a light meal of soup and bread. We then transition to a study of the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday.
Eucharistic Visitor. If you are interested in becoming a Eucharistic visitor, please see Fr. Sean.
Help Wanted, part-time: Godly Play Teacher needed who will job share with 2 other teachers on a rotating basis. Job requirements include: kindness, good listening skills, patience, joy, and enthusiasm. Lesson plans and materials are provided. No experience is required. Please see Deb Fernandes for more information.
Inquiring Minds Want to Know...Whether you are new to the Episcopal Church or you just want a refresher course on church history, beliefs, and customs, we would like to offer "Episcopal 101". Please contact Fr. Sean or Carol Drought for more information.
Help wanted—Acolytes—If you are 10 or older and would like to serve on the altar on Sunday mornings, please speak with Fr. Sean.